Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review of "Hugo the Happy Starfish: The Secret to Happinesss" by Suzy Liebermann


A Special Thanks to Happy Language Kids Llc for providing me with free product to review on my blog.

First some information on just what exactly Hugo the Happy Starfish is...

"Hugo is a little starfish. He finds his life dull. Tired of feeling sad, one day he sets off to find happiness. After much searching, he discovers something that makes his heart do a somersault! Sharing with others is the only thing that makes him truly happy; all other things just made him feel better for a little while."

 
In this ebook, which we were able to read via the free kindle downloadable app, the main character Hugo is in search of happiness that will last. Hugo has a big heart and wants to find lasting happiness, he meets a manta ray who helps him figure out just how to find lasting happiness. First he finds short term happiness through friendships and conversations. In the end the secret to finding lasting happiness is sharing his heart, finding empathy and the ability to relate to others teaching kids that sharing their heart will make them happy. This book quickly caught the interest of my three year old and she asked to read it several times. I am however, not sure that she grasped the concept of what the book was trying to teach. The book is colorful and bright, a quick and easy read, and we found that using the ereader was a lot of fun for my daughter.
 
You can find more of the Hugo series at their website:
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment